I think that's dumb. Life is hard enough as it is. I say we make resolutions to do fun things, and use GenCon as the yearly marker for how we're doing.
Here are my GenCon 2013 resolutions:
- Keep my "for fun" D&D game going for the entire year.
- Start a second campaign that hits at least level 10.
- Play at least six RPGs I haven't tried before (new editions count).
- Play at least four miniatures games.
- Paint the miniatures I bought at GenCon: a pack of bullywugs, a set of beast men, and a set of three barbarians.
- Use the painted beast men in at least one RPG or miniatures game.
What's on your list?